Minutes, May 2013

IW BOOSTER CLUB MINUTES – May 8, 2013 Meeting

Members present included Anne Carney, Mike Carney, Marisa Perzee, Heather Giles, Jennifer Harris, DJ Harris, Matt Clark, Stacy Connor,  aHh Lisa Miller, Karla Jean, Kim Lund.

MINUTES:   Members present reviewed the minutes from the April 2013 meeting.   Mike moved to approve the minutes, Marisa seconded, all in favor.   Motion carried.

TREASURER’S REPORT:  Treasurer’s report was reviewed.  Matt moved to approve the treasurer’s report; Stacy seconded the motion.   Motion carried.

OLD BUSINESS

COACHES APPRECIATION DINNER:  Anne shared that there were 36 in attendance at the appreciation dinner.   A huge thank you was given to Cindy Guttendorf for preparing the invitations and tracking the RSVP’s.   There was great fellowship at the dinner and was much appreciated by the coaches.

SENIOR GIFTS:  No update; Anne will continue to work on this project with Hanns.

BATTING CAGES:   Tabled until further info is presented.

SPRING SPORTS AWARDS BANQUET:   The spring banquet will be Thursday, May 23 @ 7:30 p.m.  Anne has punch supplies from Nexxus.   Melody and Matt can serve at the banquet as well as Marisa.   Anne will order the cookies.   Anne or Matt will pick up the cookies.   Be there at 7pm to help set up.   Karla Jean offered to help as well.

NEW BUSINESS

MIDDLE SCHOOL CHEER UNIFORMS:  Heather Giles is the new middle school cheer coach.   She presented quotes for new uniforms.  Uniforms will not need to be ordered until mid-September.   Boosters agreed to connect with Mr. Ehmen first.   Anne is going to contact former cheer coach, Jenny Schunke, about what had been recently purchased.

MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE TRACK FINALISTS:   State track finals will be Friday and Saturday in East Peoria.  Finalists can use the IW flag.   Anne will get the flag.   Last year boosters gave Gatorade, power bars and fruit.   Matt Clark moved to provide snacks and beverages.   Kim seconded; all in favor.  Regarding an ad in the state program, discussions were that historically that has not been done.   Consensus was to provide snacks and drinks for the finalists instead of an ad.

NOMINATIONS/ELECTIONS IN JUNE:   Lisa Miller confirmed that she would not run for treasurer again.   Matt offered that he has interest in the position.   Kim Lund may no longer be the rep for Crescent.    Stacy Connor will work on a rep for Crescent.   Melody will continue to represent Onarga.   Stacy will continue as secretary.   Anne will email Cassandra about Thawville.   Anne is considering continuing as President.

AD SALES UPDATE:  Matt and Mike met with DJ and the football team.   Letters are ready.   Phone calls will be done the week of June 3rd and then the football players will go out the following week.   Gibson Hospital will be on a sign at the end zone as a result of their monetary donation and the $100 per touchdown.

CONCESSION PRICING:  Review will be done through committee.  Committee TBD after the June elections.

BUDGET:  Future major projects include:   sprinkler system for the athletic field (need information by the June meeting); batting cages; football score board; sound system at the middle school; and uniforms.   Concerning uniforms, boosters need to review the amount that we give to the school each year and determine if separate amounts need to be given to the high school and middle school.    Suggestion given to pair up with music boosters to work on a new sound system.

ROUND TABLE:   Request to better utilize technology.   Can we coordinate with Hanns?   Other districts have done much more with their website and social media.   Karla will speak to Linda about possible options with the students.

Matt moved to adjourn.

Next Meeting:   June 12, 2013 7:00pm at Pizza Palace