Minutes June 2017

IW BOOSTER CLUB MINUTES – June 7, 2017

 

Members present included Heather Frank, Stacy Connor, Brenda Wasilewski, Rob Fink, Cameron Stone, Cecilia Lopez, Grant Meyer, Bob Campbell, and Coach Arie. 

 

MINUTES – May 2017 minutes were reviewed.  Rob moved to approve the minutes; Cecilia seconded.  All in favor – motion carried.  

 

TREASURER’S REPORT –  Treasurer’s report for May presented.   Cecilia moved to approve the report; Heather second, all in favor – motion carried.    

 

OLD BUSINESS 

 

SPORTS PROGRAM ADS:   Brenda gave an update that ads and ad money are being received.

 

BRICKS FUNDRAISER:   Stacy is working with Jason Ahlden of CCU to get proposal.  Bricks order will be placed by the end of June.

 

GOLF OUTING:   The outing is tentatively set for August 5.   (Rob will be out of town.)   Four volunteers are needed.   Coaches will give boosters a donation after the outing.  

 

GUESTS 

 

NEW BUSINESS 

 

ELECTION OF OFFICERS:  

Nominations were as follows:

President: Heather Frank

Secretary: Stacy Connor

Treasurer: Brenda Wasilewski

VP Gilman: Marisa Perzee

VP Onarga: Rob Fink

VP Thawville: Doug Miller  

 

VP Crescent City and VP Danforth will remain open until the July meeting.

Stacy moved to elect those nominated into their respective offices.   Rob seconded the motion.   All in favor.

 

ASSIGNMENT OF DUTIES:

Pocket calendars: Stacy Connor

Pork Producers: Stacy Connor

Fire Departments: Marisa Perzee; an additional volunteer needed to help fire depts.

Popcorn and bags: Heather Frank

Napkins donations: Rob Fink

Schedule businesses for football games: Stacy Connor

 

CHAIRPERSONS:

Soccer: Jenifer St. Peter + another parent

Football: Stacy Connor will arrange volunteers; volunteer needed to open concessions

Volleyball: Cecilia Lopez (Jill will assist through transition)

Girls BB: Volunteer needed

Boys BB: Junior class sponsors

 

APPAREL: Heather gave update on inventory.  Heather will talk to Iroquois Print about a t-shirt and the give-a-way shirt.   (Give-a-way shirt will be red or blue this year.) Youth t-shirts will also be ordered.

The new apparel order will include women’s thin hoodie (UA); UA in royal and Badger pull over in red and white (split order).   Heather moved to spend up to $2,500 on new apparel.   Cecilia second.   All in favor.  

 

Stacy moved to allow new coaches to buy one apparel item and the booster club will pay half.   Rob second.   All in favor.  

 

ACTIVITY PASSES:   Boosters tabled discussions to review passes and how they are distributed.  

 

CONCESSION STANDS:   Outdoor concession stand as well as indoor concession stand will be cleaned out prior to the August 2 registration day.   Cleaning will be done Sunday July 30 at 7 pm.  Middle school concession stand will be done on a different date.

 

ROUND TABLE

 

Coach Arie clarified why additional funds for uniforms are needed for the upcoming school year.   The rotation is heavy this year and the sheer number of uniforms is greater this year.   Any additional donation will be appreciated.    She also asked for ideas about displaying the senior banners.   

 

Rob moved to adjourn.  

 

NEXT MEETING:   July 12, 2017 @ IWHS 7pm