Minutes May 2017

IW BOOSTER CLUB MINUTES – May 10, 2017

 

Members present included Heather Frank, Rob Fink, Brenda Wasilewski, Stacy Connor, Doug Miller, Cam Stone and Coach Arie. 

 

MINUTES – April 2017 minutes were reviewed.  Rob moved to approve the minutes; Heather seconded.  All in favor – motion carried.  

 

TREASURER’S REPORT –  Treasurer’s report for April presented.   Stacy moved to approve the report; Heather second, all in favor – motion carried.    

 

OLD BUSINESS 

 

BRICKS FUNDRAISER:   Stacy is working with Jason Ahlden of CCU to get proposal.

 

MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL HOOPS:   Boosters tabled this matter.  Mr. Stone will provide research data in the future.

 

NEWSPAPER ADS:   Trixie Pankey will put an ad in for Grace Schroeder.

 

GOLF OUTING:   Rob will keep boosters posted.   Shagbark is still determining their summer events.  

 

GUESTS 

 

NEW BUSINESS 

 

SPRING SPORTS AWARDS:   The spring sports awards banquet will be June 1st.   Heather will order cookies; Stacy will pick up that day.

 

SPORTS’ PROGRAM ADS:   Heather is working with the baseball team.

 

BOOSTER OFFICERS:   Booster members suggested new names as potential officers where there are vacancies.   Most of the current officers plan to stay, but additional volunteers are always needed.

 

FOOTBALL:   Mr. Stone discussed the football headsets.  He presented a proposal to purchase refurbished sets from a college program.   Rob moved to approve purchasing headsets up to $2,475.   Doug seconded the motion.   All in favor.   

 

MS CONCESSION STAND:   The stand is partially cleaned.   Heather will notify when it can be finished.

 

ROUND TABLE

 

Coach Arie discussed distributing funds and gave suggestions on possible improvements.   She told boosters that the new mats will be installed June 14.   Suggestions for additional improvements were as follows:

 

  • Stage in old gym – The school is working on making this a usable space.
  • Equipment for weight room – Develop long term plan.
  • Uniforms – Consider an extra $1,000 as a “one-time” extra this year (2017-2018)
  • Apparel – discussed various apparel items.   Heather will check inventory before we place an order this year.

 

Rob moved to adjourn.  

 

NEXT MEETING:   June 7, 2017 @ IWHS 7pm