May 2018 Minutes

IW BOOSTER CLUB MINUTES – May 16, 2018

Members present included Heather Frank, Stacy Connor, Coach Arie, Coach Stone, Coach Lindo, Brenda Wasilewski, Sissie Poppie, Dakota Bohlmann, Jeff McMillan, Rob Fink, Kristen Kimmel, Katie Fowler, Dalton Reed and Jason Theile.

MINUTES – April 2018 minutes were reviewed.  Heather moved to approve the minutes; Cam Stone seconded.  All in favor – motion carried.

TREASURER’S REPORT –  Treasurer’s reports were presented.  Heather moved to approve the report; Stacy seconded, all in favor – motion carried.

OLD BUSINESS

BRICKS FUNDRAISER:   No new update.  Question asked about the gate.

OUTSIDE POPCORN POPPER:   New popper has been ordered.

OUTSIDE WATER HEATER:   Jason Ahlden will get info from portable water heater at the fairgrounds.

AD SALES:   Heather, Sissie Poppie and softball team have been working on ads.

SPRING SPORTS AWARDS:   Thursday, May 24.   Heather will order everything.   Cecilia will pick up.

GOLF OUTING:  The golf outing will be held the week before the cash bash.

WEIGHT ROOM: Coach Arie gave an update on the weight room.  Floor should be done by June 4.

GUESTS

NEW BUSINESS

OFFICER ELECTIONS:  Elections will be in June.   Suggestions were made and boosters are encouraged to invite more members to attend.  Hopefully all offices will be filled at June meeting.

CONCESSIONS:  Concessions chairs for fall are as follows:   MS Girls BB – Brenda and Katie; HS VB – Cecilia; Football – Stacy; Soccer – Chairperson NEEDED; MS Boys BB – Chairperson NEEDED.

APPAREL:  Apparel will be available through an online store and orders will be distributed at games.   Boosters will order a couple of items through Iroquois Print to have on hand.

ADDITIONAL FUNDRAISERS:  Cash bash committee is working on preparing for the event.

ROUND TABLE

With the weight room being painted, Coach Arie would like to have new signs and a record board.   The coaches think the record board and new signage will be meaningful to the athletes.  Rob moved to approve $2,000 toward new signage.  Stacy seconded the motion.   All in favor.   Boosters agreed to revisit if more funds are needed.

A question was asked why the baseball diamond at Gilman does not have a grass infield. Boosters suggested the question be directed to the Gilman Park District.

Rob moved to adjourn.

 

NEXT MEETING:   June 13 2018 @ IWHS 4pm