IW BOOSTER CLUB MINUTES
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Members present: Cameron Stone; Kristie Aerie, Julie Alden, Sandy Howe, Kristen Kimmel, Lisa McMillan, Cecelia Lopez, Marissa Perzee, Rob Fink, Doug Miller, Trixie Pankey, Heather Frank
- Sept Minutes-Cecelia approved; Marissa seconded
- Treasurer’s Report- presented.
- Lisa M. is going to help with the scholarship ideas We are up about $5,000 from last year.
- We have plenty of pop left: May donate it to football for wings night. If there’s an overabundance, it will go in the teacher’s lounge
- Golf outing donated $750 to the Booster Club
- Doug miller moved to approve; Rob FInk seconded
- Inside concession stand-putting it on the back burner for now; We will revisit after the winter sports
- Freezer for inside-Discussed a fridge/freezer combo; Depending on prices may get a small fridge or small deep freezer
- Dippin dots– Tabled. It was decided not to do for inside concession stands; Potentially for football and soccer next year. After football season we will see if Josh can check out electric to see if it can eve sustain a freezer for the Dippin Dots.
- MS game vs Gardner Nov 8
- Food drive: Give raffle tickets for those that donate; Winners go into a drawing for gift cards to Casey’s, Monicals and/or Subway. 1 raffle ticket per item donated.
- We will also do a 50/50 raffle that night and all proceeds would go towards food pantry
- We will have an apparel table– Trixie is going to see if Parents will run the apparel table
- Sports Banquet Dates- all 7 pm starts
Fall: Nov 4- Julie Alden grabbing cookies on the way-Heather is ordering
Winter: March 3
Spring: May 21
Guests: Zachary Meister from Iroquois Farmers Bank
- Pack the Place Dates for HS Girls and Boys basketball
- Girls: Friday, December 20th– Christmas/Pack the place (Heather, Trixie, Cecilia are going to organize)
- Boys: January
- MS concession chairs for boys basketball and MS volleyball
- Winter programs- first home basketball game is girls on Dec 2, none for boys until Jan 10. – Zachary Meister is helping out with that
- Tournaments?TCC– Middle School Conference: 7, 9, 11th– 4 games starting at 9
- Holiday Hoops: Inserts for the program with coupons–Trixie is going to chat with local businesses on doing some kind of deal/coupon
- JV Boys basketball tournament? Kristy is going to look into getting us into something
- Cleaning out outside concession stand—the football team is going to take that on Wednesday October 30th– Heather is going to meet them there 3:30 start time
- Thank yous for football: Cindy G, pork producers(and check), fire dept, businesses
- Lisa M. and Lisa T. will work on those.
- Any Long term goals–Bleachers
- Nov and Dec Meeting-Not having any as long as there is nothing pressing; Heather will send messages if/when needed.
- Oct 18 Senior night- A patio set is being raffled off (donated by Danforth Bank)
- Going to see if some athletes could sell raffle tickets during the game at the gate
- Nov 4. Sports Banquet– Julie getting cookies on the way
Rob moved to adjourn and Doug seconded
Next Booster Club meeting Jan 8th?